IV Sedation Dentistry
One of our goals at Bella Vista Family Dental is to remove any barriers in the way of you taking care of your oral health. With sedation dentistry, we can help even those with severe dental fear, or those in need of intensive treatment, get through their appointment comfortably.
Dr. Kennedy completed advanced training in sedation while attending his General Practice Residency at Palmetto Health Hospital in Columbia, SC. As a practicing dentist for the past eight years, he has successfully provided hundreds of patients with IV and oral sedation for their procedures. Patient comfort and safety is Dr. Kennedy’s top priority and he tailors every patient’s sedation experience to meet their unique needs. At Bella Vista Dental, Dr. Kennedy and our skilled team aim to help patients feel relaxed and at ease in our care.
You may benefit from sedation dentistry if…
- You have anxiety or fear about visiting the dentist.
- You have a strong gag reflex.
- You need extensive dental work, or complex dental work like oral surgery.
- You are afraid of injections (for example, local anesthesia).
- You can’t take the sounds of dental work being performed.
- You have extremely sensitive teeth.
- You have trouble sitting still for extended periods of time.